Monday, March 20, 2017

Podcast: Who is Wonder Woman? (2006-2007)

Episode #12

Look for us on iTunes, ShoutEngine or the Internet Archive, where you can also directly download an art-tagged MP3.

This episode we look at the first four issues and only annual from the 2006 volume of Wonder Woman, written by film co-screenwriter Allan Heinberg and drawn by Terry & Rachel Dodson. Introducing Agent Diana Prince of the Department of Metahuman Affairs and featuring every Wonger Girl, as well as a slew of other heroes in cameos. For Martin Gray's Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special #1 review, visit TOO DANGEROUS FOR A GIRL!
We don't have a Magic Sphere, so if you want to communicate with us about the podcast...

1 comment:

Anj said...

Ive said it plenty of places before but I'll say it again. I love the Wonder Woman character and I want to read her book. But for some reason, it just seems hard to pull off.

If you look at my collection, you can see that I have sampled plenty of creative teams on her book but I have only stayed with a few. This Heinberg run is one that fell by the way side.

As you say, there is soooo much happening that makes little sense or seems put in to prove some sort of Diana knowledge. The story is like an omelet with too many ingredients and not enough egg. It just doesn't hold together.

I dropped it after the third issue. Few things irk me more than delays. Once the days passed, I dropped the title. So I didn't know about issue 4 or the annual.

Thanks for reviewing.