Monday, July 26, 2010

Justice #3 (February, 2006)



A Wonder Woman conference was being held at the Meredith Hotel, and Priscilla Rich looked to be attending. Clerks at the front desk gossiped that “She’s just become one of the biggest supporters of the protection of animals in the world.” In a broad leopard print hat and trench coat, Rich seemed to be the one being protected, by the pair of cheetahs walking ahead of her on leashes. “Well, that’s one way to spend your money, I suppose. If she’s come to hear Wonder Woman, she better hurry.”

In her swank hotel room, the now nude Priscilla Rich knelt by the body of one of her cheetahs. She stroked its fur, and offered a prayer as she took a ceremonial dagger to the big cat, marking her face with its blood. “I call upon your spirit… I call with your blood to make a way for me… Blood for spirit. Flesh for eyes… So that the Cheetah can be reborn.”



In a ballroom downstairs, Wonder Woman gave the gathered female fans an empowering motivational speech about bettering the world. Outside, in the bushes, Priscilla Rich stalked-- wearing the skin of her feline companion…

"Chapter Three" was plotted and painted by Alex Ross. The script was provided by Jim Krueger, and the penciled layouts by Doug Braithwaite.

Continue the story through these character-specific posts:

2 comments:

LissBirds said...

When I grow up, I want a coat JUST like that. Except without the whole a-cheetah-needs-to-die-to-make-it part. Oh, and the hat. I don't care what anyone else says: animal prints never go out of style.

Of all things in Justice, it was the Priscilla Rich/Wonder Woman storyline that stuck out in my memory the most. I had totally forgotten about Red Tornado destroying himself and the Aquaman brain surgery and all that, and I don't even remember what happened to J'onn. Go figure.

Diabolu Frank said...

That is undoubtedly an awesome ensemble!