Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 Wonder Woman Movie Fan Casting: Jessica Biel as Diana Prince



Now that the TV show is in the dead pilot pile, I felt like taking another swing at a potential movie fan casting. I'm sure that in the event a Wonder Woman movie finally gets made, all of my selections for the cast will be in Depends, but I'd like to coast on the mental images of what could have been.

I've gone through a lot of Princess Dianas of choice over the years, but Jessica Biel has managed to top my list for a good five years or more, and still has time left at 29 to get the job done. Besides having a perfect athletic body and the desperation to run around in star-spangled panties, Biel has a sweet smile and an inviting manner that reminds me of Lynda Carter. I know some folks want bigger muscles or greater ferocity, but I think that once you lose sight of Diana as a being motivated by love for humanity and endless compassion, you miss the point of the character. Of course the Amazing Amazon should kick all kinds of ass, but if you ever get the feeling that she's just biding her time for that opportunity, you end up with Xena: Warrior Princess with a worse tailor. I don't think Biel is all that great of an actress, but she seems to be a sweet person with solid moves, and that makes her perfect in my book for Wonder Woman.

Diabolic Movie Fan Casting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't Jessica Biel say she would never play Wonder Woman and even made fun of the character a couple years ago?

Diabolu Frank said...

On the contrary, Biel has said, “If Wonder Woman had the right script and it was really powerful and emotional and interesting, I would be into that kind of thing... I feel that sometimes the character development gets thrown to the wayside in those movies, and I’m really interested in that kind of thing... So if both the elements could be there—the physicality and a real developed character, whether it’s a Wonder Woman thing or a Justice League thing—I’m open to it.”

I think you may be thinking of Megan Fox, who once said “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero… She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it. Somebody has a big challenge on their hands whoever takes that role but I don’t want to do it.”