Wednesday, October 5, 2011

2010 Wonder Woman Redesign art by Brett Booth

Click To Enlarge


"I decided to toss my hat into the Wonder Woman redesign ring. I think I finally figured out what was bothering me about the re design. She doesn't look like Wonder Woman.. meaning she looks to young. In fact she looks more like Donna Troy (she might be young in the story so I might be wrong about this.) I know it's just a sketch, and that Jim did it quickly. I worked with him for years and sat over his shoulder watching him crank out pages and sketches. I did have a question, when did Wonder Woman get these enormous breasts? She didn't have them originally and now she's so top heavy I'm surprised she can fight at all!

So I drew up my redesign, trying to make sure she looked a bit older."

There's a Superman reworking at the link, as well.

3 comments:

mathematicscore said...

The Superman doesn't excite me, but this Wonder Woman is actually pretty good. I don't know if it fits as well thematically with the current take, but for a more superheroic take (say the volume 3 version) this would be pretty on the money.

Diabolu Frank said...

Agreed. This is one of those "just a few corrective tweaks and I won't bitch" jobs. I don't like the bracelets or the bicep band, and it's busier in general than I'd prefer, but it's good enough for a monthly.

Neil A. Hansen said...

Uggghhhhh!