Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2007 Huntress/The Question: Conquest '52 Fan Video



I discovered Patti Page's 1952 hit "Conquest" in my father's CD collection in 2006, and wanted to share it online, but I couldn't find an actual video. The line about "the huntress" ate at the comic geek in me, so I finally caved and decided to make my first fan video(s.) I've spoken at length about digging the Huntress, and I've liked the Question since the Denny O'Neil series. I thought it was great when the Justice League Unlimited cartoon made them a couple, and that's the focus of the initial video. This was my second edit, and the original was much different (far better timed overall, but lacking pizazz.) This was a real learning experience for me in working with old programs in new ways, so if these go over, I'd like to someday try making more (and better, and please God faster!)

In collecting video for my first edit, I had so many great scenes left over, I decided to make a more action-packed cut employing the White Stripes' new cover of "Conquest." This one featured Black Canary extensively, as well as Wonder Woman, Vixen and Hawkgirl. Unfortunately, Warner Brothers Music took exception to my promoting Warner Brothers owned comic book characters, and YouTube removed the video. Maybe I'll dig up my old file someday and post the pure video.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is a non-profit fan production that is in no way intended to infringe on the various copyright holders for video, characters, and music. Please don't hurt me Warner Brothers/DC Comics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very gracious for the fine posting sir! Maintain up your exceptional work. A large THANKS from me!