Saturday, October 30, 2010

Justice #8 (December, 2006)



Wonder Woman attended a meeting where Batman laid out all the information collected about the Legion of Doom's plot. Afterword, Captain Marvel gave Wonder Woman a hug, and asked what had happened to her. "We are both beings of magic, Bill. That is also where we are most vulnerable. And I've been cursed. I'm going to die from the same poison that killed Hercules."

"The centaur's blood?"

"But where Hercules' death returned him to the glory which was his by right of birth... I am returning to my origins. These scars are baking me from within. I was clay once, formed by my mother's hands. The goddess made me real in answer to my mother's prayer. I am becoming unreal again. I don't have much time left."

Batman was finally freed of the mind-controlling worms, and returned the Lasso of Truth with a thank you. "Of course, Bruce. I'm glad you're back."

Soon after, the League learned their supporting casts, including Steve Trevor, had been kidnapped. Further, they were held captive my mind-controlled teen heroes, including Wonder Girl Donna Troy...

Continue the story through these character-specific posts:
"Chapter Eight" was plotted and painted by Alex Ross. The script was provided by Jim Krueger, and the penciled layouts by Doug Braithwaite.

No comments: